Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Values

I'm one who thanks God daily and who also tries to live out their faith in every action. I profess Jesus as my Lord and Savior. But I'm always a little suspicious of those co-religionists who profess Christian alues. It's not that Christians avoid values and morals, but too much emphasis on one's values being Christian reminds me of some other who claim their ground was in Christ. One example:


WHO SAID THE FOLLOWING?
Today Christians … stand at the head of [this
country]… I pledge that I never will tie myself to parties who want to destroy
Christianity .. We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit … We
want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the
theater, and in the press - in short, we want to burn out the *poison of
immorality* which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of
*liberal excess* during the past … (few) years.
[The Speeches of Adolph Hitler, 1922-1939, Vol. 1 (London, Oxford University Press, 1942), pg.
871-872


Thanks to a commenter on Think Progress for pointing me to this link.

No comments: