Saturday, January 27, 2007

No thanks

Today I told someone that it wasn't my problem. A guy called and wanted me to take down the name and phone number of his girlfriend - or ex girlfriend - with whom he'd had an argument. I was supposed to call her and let her know that her pickup was in our lot. He seemed surprised when I said, "I'm not getting in the middle of this." And I'm not.

If he left the pickup there it is his problem. If she left the pickup here then it's her problem. In any case, my responsibility is to the owner and my guests. Getting involved in a domestic dispute is something I'm leery of. The questions that flashed through my head were along the line of "Does he have a protection order against him so he can't call her?" and from that going if anything similar to that I really don't want to be in the middle.

If the pickup stays in my lot, then I'll do the thing I do usually. That is, let the towing company check out the name and person from their license plate and take it from there. Getting in the middle of a fight, that's just not going to happen.

No comments: