Friday, August 25, 2006

Blind dogma and inner peace

I'm always a little suspicious when I hear that someone's found inner peace. Not because I don't believe in inner peace, but because I don't hear those who show evidences of iner peace proclaiming to everyone about their inner peace. It seems to me that those who speak too much about inner peace have instead mistaken blind dogma for inner peace.

The dogmatic assertion of one's belief is not really the same as having belief. The assertion that one can prove belief is simply blind dogmatism. God and belief in God is by very nature not susceptible to proof. A miracle happens once and cannot be studied. The peace I have in believing doesn't rest on an article of faith or an assertion that necessitates proof but the experience of walking with God.

No comments: