Friday, January 12, 2007

Those cute little folds

There's actually a purpose to those cute little triangles into which the facial tissues and toilet paper are folded. On the toilet paper studies make it clear that less is used when it comes over the roll than under. At home I'd do it according to preference since it's not a big difference. But for a hotel it makes a difference and I can quickly see that the toilet paper is round the right way if I've got that cute little fold. And for the facial tissues, there I want my housekeepers to replace the box if it's almost empty and the fold shows that they've at least been by the box.

The purpose isn't all that obvious sometimes, but I suspect there are a number of other things out there where even if it isn't obvious a purpose is being served.

No comments: