Sunday, December 31, 2006

Irritable

I could just be irritable since I've worked too many hours in a row. Even though I love this job, two shifts is one too many when I've done it three days in a row. But I think it's more because I don't believe I received good customer service.

A new delivery place opened up. I was excited, since a little more variety is always welcome. But they left their brochures on my counter without asking so I was wondering just why they were messing up my place. But I decided to order anyway since they had Stromboli which no one else had. I called up and said I wanted a delivery order. I asked for one sandwich and was told that it was below the minimum of $8.00, so I decided to order two sandwiches. Then I was asked for my address and when I mentioned the hotel.... no longer did I have an $8.00 minimum. It was now $20.00. So I canceled my order.

Even for a guest I think it's a bad decision to place a larger minimum for a hotel. And though they didn't know I worked at the hotel, it's an even worse decision to upset the manager. Guests come in, they ask for a recommendation. The number of orders from a motel is going to be greater than any individual house. Guess waht. It's a bad business decision, since I'm irritable and I can bring in a couple more customers than any apartment or house.

Oh well, I went to a place that has stopped doing my favorite pasta salad, but continues with a wonderful mushroom burger. I am going to pay them a delivery fee, but it's worth it to get only what I can eat.

And oh, guess who I'm going to recommend next time someone asks for something other than a pizza delivery place.

No comments: