Saturday, December 30, 2006

Time wasters

I have a fondness for looking at things that are a waste of time - as in a fax I received today at work where the print was singlespaced with an extremely small typeface - I wonder about them and try to work out why I received them.

This one contained phrases like 'semitic Jew' and 'Homosexual Attorney's wife' that would have clued me into problems with the thinking behind it even if I hadn't noticed the poor grammar, the convoluted sentences, the lack of paragraphs, and the extremely small print.

The problem with these sorts of messages is that they proclaim that they are Christian when they are further from the Christ they proclaim than the east is from the west. They blame others - unnamed others who are just derogatory descriptions - instead of looking at what they can do. The lies, distortions, misstatements are symptomatic of someone who cannot take responsibility but wants others to blame.

And sometimes others are to blame. But if a three page manifesto can't name names, then it is not the fault of the 'other' but the fault of the writer.

No comments: