Thursday, December 07, 2006

Abortion - no simple answers

One reason I keep going back to letting the woman and her doctor make the decision on abortion is the wide variety of what nature does. I first heard of this in The Frontal Cortex, but went to the original article to double-check. A child was born with a fetus in his stomach. This is nature at work. I don't like the possibility of a human being aborted, but.... in this case the parents, the person involved and th doctor should make the decision. Don't talk to me of the fetus being human - there's a lot of disagreement about that. Don't talk to me about living - the difference between living and non-living starts at the viral level. Don't talk to me about scripture - there are clear evidences of different treatments depending upon how advanced the pregnancy. Let the people directly involved make the decision.

No comments: