Friday, December 08, 2006

Depression - anti-depresssants and suicide

I'm always interested in the articles about a possible link between anti-depressants and suicide. Having been through depression myself and on medication and in therapy - the whole drill, I'm inclined to the supposition that anti-depressants don't really increase the risk of suicide, they only stabalize and give enough energy that one might be able to commit suicide. At the worst of my depression committing suicide would have taken energy that I just didn't have until after I was on anti-depressants. But that's my view and research may or may not show that true for depression and anti-depressants. It is worth looking at the study and the note about the study at The Corpus Callosum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Antidepressants like xanax are the most popular form of depression cure. However, as per recent observations and studies, probabilities are rife that the antidepressants are not that suitable to be administered to patients with low to medium depression. They work best only when they are prescribed to the patients with high depression symptoms.