Monday, February 12, 2007

Death and our reaction

I've posted links to several news articles in the last days. In part it's to avoid the overabundance of articles on the death of someone who was famous for being famous. And yes a death is a tragedy, but making the life and death of someone into a side-show attraction is even more of a tragedy. Sure I have somewhat of a prurient interest in finding out what happened when and who is the baby's father and how will this affect the case from her rich husband's death and more. But I just don't think it is news. It's entertainment and let's leave it at that.

And if you hadn't yet guessed I'm talking about Anna Nicole Smith and the fact that I suspect everyone knew this before I mentioned her name is a sad reflection on public and private discourse.

No comments: