Wednesday, October 11, 2006

More valuable than rubies

I'm going to miss one of my employees. Today was just another of a long series of reasons why. She came in to see about geting a discounted rate at another motel - we have a friends and family program that is very reasonable for our employees - and as I was filling out the information and making the reservation and all the other things she disappeared. I looked around and she'd taken out the trash, finished washing the breakfast dishes, sorted the laundry, and she wasn't supposed to be working. She's leaving us to go traveling with her husband as both finish their years of paid employment. I'm not going to say 'as she stops working' as I don't think she'll ever stop working, but she will leave my employ with my regrets for her departure and my joy that she's getting to do something new.

No comments: