Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Please, please take responsibility.

"It's not my fault." isn't really a good defense. Especially when you come to my property with several people and end up in a screaming match. But that's what happened yesterday at my motel. The evening with these guests didn't start out in all that promisingly a fashion. They had to use more than one credit card to pay for the room. And then there were the couple of cars full of kids and the questions about how old one had to be to rent a room. The comments about knowing a desk clerk didn't improve things much - I wondered if they really knew the desk clerk - and problems kept piling up.

But I was most frustrated with the idea 'that it's not my fault.' Yes I went into the pool area, but the door opened and just because the lights were off didn't mean anything so you shouldn't be yelling at me. And yes I was just yelling at those girls, but they followed me over from the McDonald's parking lot so they're the ones causing the problems.

It's still your responsibility. Please stop acting as if you don't have anything to do with the problem.

And, by the way, the desk clerk did know you and thought that you caused a lot of your own problems. You're over twenty-one. It's time to grow up and take responsibility. If you don't you'll find yourself with more problems than hearing my parental tone of voice.

No comments: