Thursday, February 08, 2007

Snickers

I haven't seen the Snickers ad where two men kiss (or something like that) while eating a candy bar. I don't intend to search it out. But I'm with Citizen Crain on the over-reaction. I'd agree from what I've heard that it is homophobic and that the makers of the ad and everyone involved in approving it just didn't have a clue and yet... why make a fuss over that. I'd rather spend my time on sex education that is more than just about abstinence, since every child who has sex is at risk for STD's and heterosexuals risk pregnancy. I'd rather spend my time preventing hate crimes. I'd rather spend my time promoting gay/straight alliances. The commercial is wrong, but there are many things that are wrong that I just don't have time to deal with.

Let's start by making sure our children aren't bullied because of differences.

Let's start by working for respect for all people.

Let's start by looking at medical care for those who are uninsured.

Let's start by figuring out how to get people out of the traps of poverty.

Let's start with the major problems first.

No comments: