Sunday, April 08, 2007

Blog Against Theocracy

This Easter Sunday I'm planning to spend my time in prayer and meditation. And one of the things about which I think is that my Savior went to the cross because the religious leaders of his day worked with the government to send him there. If that's not a reason to oppose the government getting together with religion, I don't know how to explain it to those of the Christian faith. But I've also lived in areas where my faith is not the dominant religion. And that separation of church and state protected me and my worship. Then there's the plain and simple truth that if my religion needs the government for support it is not much of a religion. I have faith that God can work within or without the government. God just doesn't need the government to support religion if God is really God.

So for all those reasons I'm against making a government based on religion, even if the religion is my own.

Oh yes, other people blogging are here and here and a hat tip to Pam's House Blend for pointing this out

No comments: