Friday, April 06, 2007

Joe and Margaret - Monday, October 9, 2000

Monday, October 9, 2000

Margaret sat down to her morning prayers and thought, Here I am, ready to do God’s will. Here we are, Joe and me together, a family for God. I always thought it was because I wasn’t faithful that I didn’t recognize God’s call, but here is Samuel needing God’s call interpreted by Eli. Pastor Larry must be the Eli in my story, or perhaps it is Joe, maybe both of them. But I am hearing God’s call and trying to answer. I just wish I could do better. I wish I knew what I could do. I really want to help Joe, but I just don’t know how. He says his physical therapy is going well, but he won’t talk about it. Almost all of my clients talk about their therapy and want help in their daily exercises so I know I could do something, but Joe is silent. Maybe that's because we're married and my clients see me as someone outside, but they talk about talking with their spouses too. I suppose I’d better just keep on praying, maybe Joe doesn’t need physical therapy from me, but I wish he’d ask for what he does need - at least for more than just patience.

No comments: